I honestly love this look so much. Not only does it look good, but it is also simple to do and uses mostly drugstore products. This look uses matte and shimmer nude shadows on the eyes and pairs it with a matte darker nude shade on the lips. This make-up look works well with glasses and without as it is quite dark, similar to the frames of glasses. In this blog post I will mainly be focusing on my eye and lip makeup, however, I will leave a list of the products that I used on my skin and face at the end of this post along with brief descriptions and opinions on them.
First, I used a Mac 217 brush to apply the three lightest matte brown shades from Revolution’s “I heart chocolate” palette into the crease of my eye, going from lightest to darkest and using less shadow as I go on. This gives definition to the eye and compliments my lips. Next, I used the the three shimmer shades on the left of the bottom row in the same pallette on the lid of my eye; going from lightest to darkest as I move from the inner to the outer corner of my eye. I did this by using a flat brush from the “bh cosmetics” brush collection. I then just curled my eyelashes and used the Maybelline Lash Sensational Lash Multiplying Waterproof Mascara in black to lengthen and darken my lashes. I used The Balm’s Mary Lou Manizer to highlight the inner corners of my eye as well as under my eyebrows. For my eyebrows, I used the middle shade out of the Collection Eyebrow Kit in Blonde to fill in my eyebrows before using the Clear Brow Mascara that comes with that same eyebrow kit to fix my brows into place.
For the lips, I used a brown/nude Rimmel lip liner to line my lips and colour them in. I then used the Maybelline “Super Stay 24hr Color” liquid lipstick to give my lips colour. I really like this liquid lipstick as it is very matte and lives up to its name as it does stay on the lips all day. The only downside about this lipstick is that it does dry the lips A LOT, however, it does come with a balm to hydrate the lips again and as long as you keep this on you all day and apply it when your lips feel dry then you will love this lipstick.
The products I used on my skin were:
– Nivea Men Post Shave Balm as a primer. I’m sure you’ve heard about this but if you haven’t this works as such an amazing primer and is so cheap.
– Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer in the lightest shade.
– Natural Collection Green Concealer
– L’oreal Infallible 24hr Foundation in the shade Porcelain. I love this foundation as it has really good coverage and is actually pale enough to match my skin tone! I find it really difficult to find foundations that are pale enough for me and actually do the job they’re supposed to do but this one does so I would recommended this to anyone who is extremely pale like me.
– Sleek Contour Kit in the lightest shade to contour my face. I really like the contour part of this kit but I do not like the highlighter at all.
– The Balm’s Mary Lou Manizer Highlighter. I LOVE this highlighter.
– Soap & Glory One Heck Of A Blot Powder.
– Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray.